The Power of Stay Interviews for Engagement and Retention
Webinar Date: March 8, 2018
Employee quits are at an all-time high. Meanwhile, Gallup tells us engagement hasn’t changed for 18 years. Yet despite these disturbing data points, employers continue to rely on engagement surveys and exit surveys to tell them the reasons employees leave. Put simply, a better fix is needed.
Research shows that the top reason employees stay and engage in their work is because they trust their immediate supervisor. Yet leadership continues to work around supervisors with one-size-fits-all employee programs, rather than through them with real solutions. The joke line is to say, “My boss treats me like dirt … but I am holding on for employee appreciation week.” No high-performing employee thinks that way!
Join expert and author Dick Finnigan for an insightful webinar that explores how employers can unleash the power of stay interviews to move the needle on engagement and retention. Attendees will learn how to …
- Calculate the dollar value of turnover and engagement so executives commit resources to real improvements;
- Establish retention and engagement goals, stipulating how much improvement is needed and who should be accountable (hint: it’s not HR);
- Implement stay interviews that enable each leader to solve each employee’s retention and engagement issues, one-on-one versus through group fixes;
- Introduce forecasting so each leader commits to how long employees will stay and how they will score on their next engagement survey; and
- Embed accountability, so senior executives push down on the pedal for constant improvement.